Jean-Paul de Bruijn
I played the last years with a famous Italian cue. But at the end I suffered more and more with, specially the retro shots. My billiard friend Eddy Leppens told me to play an Alcalde cue. He said to me it was for sure that I would improve my game. In the beginning I thought something like: Yeh, yeh, for sure, it?s the man who make?s the game easier and not the cue.
I will never forget that Eddy gave me his Alcalde cue for trying a difficult retro shot. It was a very difficult one and I succeed. I couldn?t believe myself. I was playing a difficult shot so easily, that I felt in love immediately! So, it was true an Alcalde cue can make the man better!
We agreed for buying his cue and a few veeks later I was defending mine European title one-cushion. I won the tournament and I succeed with a new World record general average from 25,86! Believe me; I played some unforgettable retro shots and ?pique-rentree?s? as well.
After this succees I was kindly surprised that Mr. Miguel Angel Alcalde offered me a new cue to play with. I choosed model number 55.
The day I received my new Alcalde cue, I had directly the right feeling. I think that is a very important quality. In my first practice hour in 3-cushion I maked two runs from 12 and one from 14. And again the retro shots were fantastic!
In my opinion, especially the quality of the shafts are very good, not only very stiff, but also produced with great sensibility. And thereby all the cues are very beautiful.
I found my cue for live and I hope many more will do.
Jean-Paul de Bruijn
• 1 X Dutch Champion with DELTA/Ockenburgh in 2005; (team Forthomme, de Bruijn, Spoormans, Habraken)
• 1 X 2 place World Championship 3-cushion in Lugo 2005
• 1 X 2 place World Championship 3-cushion for National teams (with Dick Jaspers) in Viersen 2005
• 1 X 3 place UMB WorldCup 3-cushion in Istanbul 2005
• 1 X 3 place Eurocup for teams with Servicepack Hoeven in Porto 2003
• 2 X 2 place National Championships 3-cushion in Veghel 2000 and 2001
• 1 X 3 place National Championships 3-cushion in Veghel 2005
• Shortest match: 50 in 17 innings
• Highest run: 18 (in training 23)
• Place Worldranking 3-cushion: 6 (1-6-2006)
• 5 X European Champion One-cushion (2001, 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2006)
• 5 X 3 place European Championships one-cushion (1993, 1994, 1995, 1996 and 2004)
• Worldrecordholder Average One-cushion: 25,86 (7 mei 2006 in Kortrijk)
• 6 X Dutch Champion One-cushion
• 2 X Dutch Champion Cadre 47/2
• 1 X Dutch Champion triathlon
• 1 X 2 place World Championships for National teams triathlon (Hennef-Duitsland)
• 11 X Dutch Champion Topteams (Cadre 47/2, Cadre 71/2 and One-cushion)
• with club Frans Bevers Catering en Cubri Pallets Etikon
• Sportman from the Provence Zeeland in 2001, 2003 en 2005
• A-sporter for the National Olympic Team NOC-NSF